Show ratings & reviews for

3.8 Overall Rating

Most voted positive review

2 People found this comment helpful

The only issue I have with this drug is getting it filled. The pharmacies are having difficulty getting the drug from there supplier's.

Most voted negative review

2 People found this comment helpful

I started Wegovy 4 weeks ago and lost nothing. Then Pen is irritating because you have to push hard to inject. Wish it worked for me.

Shared reviews and ratings

bep | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/21/2021
Satisfaction

I'm in Chicago and cannot get a prescription anywhere - I need the second cycle (0.5) but can't get any that or the third cycle. My doctor gave me the first cycle. From this forum, seems like everyone is able to get the prescription filled. Anyone having the same issue?

Clickless | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/18/2021
Overall rating 1.7
Satisfaction

The pen to administer is terrible. Have to push very hard into injection site to get it to click. If I'm pushing into fat in stomach area can push inches deep with no click triggered. the clicks are loud and obnoxious, the injection hurts When to pull away from injection site is not clear because the second click is NOT when to pull away. if giving on upper arm, hard to see yellow bar. the saxenda injections were SO much easier, I give the Wegovy pen an D-

jane doe | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/18/2021
Condition: Weight Loss Management for Overweight Person with BMI 27 to 29 and Weight-Related Comorbidity
Satisfaction

Started wegovy in May, I am now about to start my 2.4 mg injections I AM DOWN 33 LBS, no major side effects, just not hungry.

Farmgirl | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/17/2021
Satisfaction

Started out on .25 dose and lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks The last 4 weeks I have lost an additional 6 pounds. I am just not that hungry so my portion sizes are way down. And if I overeat I am punished with feeling too full for hours after. I had some nausea and diarrhea the first week. But now no noticeable side effects. This has been a miracle for me. Bumping up the dose to .5 next week.

Tim | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/16/2021
Satisfaction

Just do not feel cravings nor inability to avoid hunger. Don't understand how, but really don't care. Week 3 of .25 injections, hope keep moving in same direction.

Searching in MN | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/16/2021
Satisfaction

Sorry to post here, but I am hoping to get advice from those who have started taking Wegovy. How did you find a qualified doctor to start the process? Did you just use your standard family doctor or did you locate someone with specific knowledge of Wegovy? If the latter, how did you find them? I tried Novo Nordisk, but they were unable to refer to anyone local (St Paul, MN). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lajoha | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/14/2021
Satisfaction

I am currently on week 2 of the .25 dosage and what I’ve found is that I am simply not as interested in eating as I normally would be, and eat significantly less at each meal. I’ve also found it easier to bypass the candy bowl at work. I’ve made no changes to exercise or to the types of foods I eat, yet I have managed to lose 4 pounds in 1.5 weeks. I did find that if I eat my dinner too late, I end up throwing it up, but that’s the only side effect I’ve seen. I don’t mind it, because it serves as a behavior modifier. I also seem to have boundless energy, but that may only be coincidental. I’m extremely pleased with my experience.Read More Read Less

MenoLady | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/13/2021
Satisfaction

Just stuck myself today with the week 5 at .5. Previous four weeks were at .25. Injections have been totally painless. No nausea. So unpleasant side effects. The main effect is that I am just rarely hungry and it does not take much for me to feel full when I do eat. Only lost a couple of pounds so far.

Missy | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/11/2021
Satisfaction

I have been on Wegovy two weeks now...I started out with the .5 dose since getting the .25 was impossible. My first shot, I did have vomiting about 8 hours later and nausia the first day. However, food intake is way down. The full feeling has really helped me cut out snacking. I am drinking lots of water ( 96 ounces plus a day) and I am sure the first week was a lot of water weight loss, but 8.8 pounds the first week. I have upped my exercise game to ensure I continue the downward trend. No side effects so far with the second shot. I make sure I drink a protein drink.I doubt week 2 will be as good as week one, but reading these reviews it seems I am doing really well in just the first week. For a person that has struggled and stressed about weight gain my whole life, this simple shot has changed my outlook and I do believe lossing the weight is gonna happen. I am super pumped as I take the 6 month journey ( that $25 card) and see where this goes. Read More Read Less

Jan | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/11/2021
Satisfaction

I just started on my second week of the .5mg dose. I haven't experienced any nausea, vomiting or abdominal pain. The first symptom I noticed was a headache while on the .25mg dose. Second was the decreased appetite and the feeling of fullness after consuming very little. I have also experienced belching, but the most significant side effect has been the overwhelming feeling of fatigue for the first few days after dosing.I started on Wegovy on 7/21/21 after a 3 week delay due to insufficient supply. I have lost 8lbs overall so far. I am happy to continue on the course!Read More Read Less

Alissa | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
Satisfaction

I'm on week number 5 of the wegovy ..the first 2 week's were horrible fatigue nausea diarrhea and gassy had no energy to do anything....my Dr gave me some nausea meds so I wud give myself a shot then take a pill right away and tht helped tremendously!!! Im on week 5 now with the 2.4 dose and just a little fatigue no other symptoms overall i have lost 10lbs!! So I'm very happy and thts with little to no exercise....I do have to force myself to eat thou..im always full...Im also a type 2 diabetic and I have not had to take any insulin or any diabetic meds since I have started this medication...my average sugar are 99 now...sometimes I go as low as 70 and 80's I use the Libre and it gives u an overall of how your sugars are...so far thus is working for me so yeaaaa!Read More Read Less

Melissa | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
Satisfaction

I first started taking this I was sick as a dog. But I started drinking gingerale and it helped tremendously with my nausea. The second week was good still no craving for sweets I lost 7lbs at the end of wk 2. Week 3 I can tell that my craving are beginning to come back and I only lost .4. I will definitely be taking .5 when it's time to switch doses. I'd rather deal with nausea if it means me losing weight in the right way especially with water aerobics and walking with ankle weights.

toofat | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
Satisfaction

I'm 69 and have been overweight since menopause--very happy to have this opportunity. I took my fourth injection yesterday and have lost 9 # so far. I'm glad I did not read any of these reviews before starting. I have had some nausea and fatigue, but I am continuing, and overall quite pleased. I will talk to my doctor next week to get assistance with the nausea. I have been able to continue my exercise regime even though I'm feeling more tired. I am planning to do a second month at the same .25 mg dose as it does not seem likely I will feel good enough on a higher dose. My appetite has sharply diminished and really only want to eat twice a day--breakfast and dinner. I am drinking lots of water due to increased thirst, and I have mostly curtailed my evening glass of wine. I am hoping to continue to lose pounds on the lowest dose. Read More Read Less

J.C. | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
Overall rating 2.3
Satisfaction

Started first dose on Thursday around 1pm, by 7pm nausea started and by 9 I started vomiting. The vomiting didn't stop, twice over night, in the morning, afternoon, etc... It's more Saturday morning and I'm still nauseated and still vomiting. I can't keep down the smallest amounts of water. I think the level of nausea was under played, when it was prescribed my doctor told me to sip some ginger ale to help. We are way beyond ginger ale.

TJRN | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
Overall rating 3.3
Satisfaction

I did the first injection (in my stomach). I thought it was tolerable. I had nausea and a headache, but the worst was the fatigue. I did NOTHING for a week! Extremely unlike me. It took all of 7 days for the side effects to subside. I did not do the second week...yet. I did lose 5lbs. I did not have an appetite. I just wanted to sleep. I have read some of the reviews. I want to try the second dose after a week off from the side effects. I have not, just yet.

Terri | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
Overall rating 3.0
Satisfaction

I started yesterday .25 I am very very nauseous / heartburn I use to take heartburn medicine can I take it with this? or just take Tums? will it ease up ?

Tlc | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
Satisfaction

I just started .5 yesterday. I’m down 10 pounds from the first 4 weeks. I was hoping for a greater drop but I’ll take it. Really struggle to get 1000 cal/day. No side effects what so ever. The shot is easy in my stomach (thanks to my fat ??). I take one 400 mg magnesium every night when I’m on a reduced diet so no constipation. My meal portions are so tiny. I try to do little snacks but seriously it is hard to get the calories for nutrition in.

Tammy | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
Satisfaction

I am a week into starting Wegovy. After reading reviews prior to starting I decided to inject into my thigh. Minimal pain at injection site once injection starts then it clears up. 1st day I had the feeling of overeating and

K. Terry | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
Overall rating 2.7
Satisfaction

I have been on the medication for 6 weeks. I've lost 10lbs. Have cut back my food craving and amount I eat. Took 2nd week of .5mg was fine for about 6 hour and then I started having nausea, dizziness,fatigue, vomiting, headache, low blood sugar, fast heart rate and insomnia. I will not be taking the medication again. As much as I need help with weight loss it is not worth it. I have been in bed for 3 days and does not seem to be getting any better.

Audrey | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/5/2021
Overall rating 3.3
Satisfaction

I have been on this for three weeks now. I have had not much side effects, but haven't lost any weight either. I am unsure if this is really going to do anything. Maybe going to the 0.5 will be more effective? I would love to know if anyone has had the same experience as me ?

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT USER-GENERATED CONTENT ON WEBMD