Show ratings & reviews for

3.2 Overall Rating

Most voted positive review

2 People found this comment helpful

Today was only my second day of usage, and it has reduced my urination significantly. But I am now worried that i might be retaining urine! How can I tell?

Most voted negative review

1 People found this comment helpful

This has caused urinary retention requiring hospitalization and Foley catheter. Samples were given to 94.5 year old women dealing with frequent urination issue at night. NO warning by urologist this could occur and no warning on/in packaging. Would NEVER have agreed to let my mother take this had we been warned about this side effect. Gemtesa was supposed to make her life better and has done the...

Shared reviews and ratings

Patsy | 75 or over | Female | Patient
7/1/2024
Satisfaction

Visited Urologist a year ago, due to OAB. I was given some Gemtesa samples he receives from the Pharma Rep. They did work on cutting out bathroom trips. I currently am experiencing the sensation of a limited urine void. Plus, having my 2nd UTI - #1 side effect according to the Pharma. I am reconsidering Gemtesa. May cut the tiny tablet in half, and see how that works. Odd to me that 75mg only tablets is a one-fit for all ages, sizes. I do not want UTI's, nor the bloated sensation and limited urine void. I foresee quitting Gemtesa in the near future.Read More Read Less

Tracy | 55-64 | Female | Patient
6/24/2024
Overall rating 2.7
Satisfaction

I have horrible back pain from this since day 1..it been 10 days and I rather pee..myself then have this crippling back pain. I am mad that I just spent 150.00 on this and it will go in the trash now. Ughhhhhhhh

Tigerlita | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/19/2024
Satisfaction

For three weeks I enjoyed less frequent urinations, then the world was completely shattered for me. At the end of the three weeks I awoke dizzy when I tried to get to my urinal which is near my bed. The world whirled as I slammed against the shower’s ceramic tile wall. My concussion lasted almost four months in which I lost income from my three part-time jobs and any activities were severely disrupted and restricted. The first two months were the worst with no relief. I thought I was in a death spiral as I experienced pain no matter which way I turned in bed. Tylenol was recommended but provided little relief for headache, cramping, high sensitivity to light and sounds, etc. I do not recommend anyone take this drug lightly. Beware! Read More Read Less

Jannybbca | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/19/2024
Satisfaction

I've had OAB for years, tried many different drugs, and this one worked immediately for me! The only negative thing is the price. There's a discount card for a year, but I'm curious as to what happens after the year is up!?

Michael | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/8/2024
Overall rating 2.7
Satisfaction

My muscles are sore all the time. Can't swing a golf club. Feel stiff in every joint. Prior to taking I had mild stiffness but it went away with stretching and moving...but not now. I will stop using it to make sure. It does slow my urges for a time then doesn't.

John | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/6/2024
Satisfaction

It works sometimes what is the best time to take it .

Nancy | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/30/2024
Satisfaction

I’ve been seeking treatment for overactive bladder and urinary incontinence for at least 5 years. Myrbetrique didn’t help. Botox is helpful but I don’t like the invasiveness. Started Gemtesa 2 months ago along with Botox. Best 2 months I’ve had in a long time. No accidents at all. I am very pleased but the cost is certainly painful. Hope I can continue to pay for it. Come on Medicare!

Abdu | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/16/2024
Overall rating 3.7
Satisfaction

It worked very well for a few weeks when I started taking it first n 2022. But since then, it does not seem to do me much good. I tried taking at the Full 75 mg dosage a day, everyday. I even tried half the recommended dosage (by splitting). Does not seem to make much difference these days. However, I noticed that when I restart taking it, after stopping it completely for a week or so, it works better for a day or two, but then it stops working. Has anyone user or the Mannufacturer has any clues as to why it acts this way? Read More Read Less

Char | 75 or over | Female | Patient
3/13/2024
Condition: Urine Leakage When there is a Strong Desire to Void
Satisfaction

When I first took Gemtesa it worked all night and most of the day. About 1month into taking this pill it suddenly stopped working. I now get up from 4 am to whenever I get tired of getting up every 2 hours to go to the bathroom. Not pleased so far

Mary | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/12/2024
Condition: Urine Leakage When there is a Strong Desire to Void
Satisfaction

I have been incontinent.for over 30 years but this medication has stopped all leaking. I still wear a light pad but do not have any leakage or side effects.

Monta | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/24/2023
Overall rating 2.0
Satisfaction

Terrible side effects, aching back, neck, legs! Dry skin and dry eyes! After getting off of it no pain and eyes and skin are not dry!

Rich | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/16/2023
Satisfaction

Gemtesa is a miracle drug. I was experiencing frequent urination with urgency and leakage, but after taking Gemtesa I am cured.

Mary | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/26/2023
Overall rating 3.7
Satisfaction

I was wearing a Duce 5 poise but now wear a 4. I still have to wear pads and was hoping this would stop.

Janet | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/15/2023
Overall rating 2.0
Satisfaction

I started taking Gemtesa hoping it would help with me getting up 2+ times a night to urinate. It seems to be making my situation worse. I see no improvement whatsoever. Thankfully, I used the manufacturer's discount and didn't have to pay the astronomical price, or I'd be extremely frustrated. I think it's safe to say Gemtesa is not going to work for me.

Paul | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/22/2023
Overall rating 4.7
Satisfaction

Cautiously optimistic - Short term use. Prior to a vacation to Europe my urologist prescribed Gemtesa. In my desperation I paid the $450 deductible. I don't know if it is a placebo affect but my sometimes desperate urges to urinate, sometime 6x per working day, disappeared almost immediately. I had virtually no urgencies during my travels, sometimes none for half a day or more. No side effects such as headaches - maybe slight nausea first few days. I found urinating at night to be disconcerting with very weak stream. Given the outrageous cost of the drug, I may discontinue once the "Simple Savings Card" drug-pusher come-on expires ( I haven't tried to use it yet). I agree that the dose may be too high and will ask if I can reduce to 1 every 2 days. Also concerned about adaptation as the body acclimates to the new drug.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | Patient
10/19/2023
Satisfaction

I developed a UTI a severe constipation headache runny nose nausea tiredness had to stop it this drug could be dangerous I think it is ineffective would not recommend.

Melissa | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/8/2023
Satisfaction

This product didn't help my overactive bladder at all! In fact, I think it made it worse. Also it made it hard for me to breath which is one of their side affects (nasopharyngitis~ which is inflammation of the nasal passages). I got less sleep than usual and it was awful! I would not recommend this product to anyone!

Andy | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/22/2023
Overall rating 2.3
Satisfaction

I've been taking Gemtesa for 5-months now, but unfortunately, I haven't experienced any improvement in my bladder urination. It's discouraging because the drug is quite costly, and it hasn't delivered the results my urologist initially described.

TNgirl | 45-54 | Female | Patient
9/4/2023
Overall rating 2.3
Satisfaction

When I first started this medicine I thought I’d finally found the answer to my often inability to hold my urine long enough to make it to the toilet. However, about 2 weeks in, now, and it has completely stopped working. I’m so sad. I’m 49 and having to wear pads to help control accidents. I’m so disheartened. I’ve officially tried everything and this was my last hope.

LADY | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/2/2023
Overall rating 4.0
Satisfaction

Painful bladder spasms for years now. Started this medicine and it has nearly stopped pain. Headache daily is doable.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT USER-GENERATED CONTENT ON WEBMD