Show ratings & reviews for

2.8 Overall Rating

Most voted positive review

15 People found this comment helpful

Plenvu kit had 2 packets. The first was Mango (16 oz) which tasted like salt water mango but better than the gross tasting stuff from others. Drank another 16 oz at 5 and had cleanout start around 6:30 pm. Then 2nd packet(s) was Tropical fruit flavor salt water. Still very tolerable. I was very full after both. The 2nd packet I took at 3 am and basically had complete clean out by 4:30 am but still...

Most voted negative review

4 People found this comment helpful

you get diarrhoea to the point where you are incontinently passing dirty water. In this condition I was supposed to travel 20 miles for a colonoscopy. I had to cancel after 3 days preparation. A total waste of money everyone's time and 3 days of my life. What do these people use for brains?

Shared reviews and ratings

Native flower | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/11/2024
Overall rating 2.7
Satisfaction

The taste of both flavors is indescribable. Overly sweet and incredibly salty. I choked down dose 1 starting at 4pm and started "evacuating" an hour after I started the dose. That went on for 1.5 hours and I never felt very bad. I needed to start dose 2 at 5am. For some reason, I had a really hard time getting dose 2 down. Not sure if it was the flavor, the different ingredients compared to dose 1, my empty stomach or something else. I was so surprised to see aspartame as one of the ingredients. I steer clear of artificial sweeteners and don't understand how a doctor could prescribe a product that contains them. I started on the toilet 5 minutes after finishing dose 2. Before I could finish the 16 oz of clear fluid (I couldn't tolerate anything except water at this point), I started vomiting. This totally shocked and surprised me! I was able to finish my water and continued to go to the bathroom for a total of 4.5 hours, even while waiting for my procedure to start at the hospital. I was exhausted, shaky, cold and bloated. But I was cleaned out. So Plenvu worked for me, but the physical toll seemed high. I will research my options next time around.Read More Read Less

First timer | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/11/2024
Overall rating 4.3
Satisfaction

Didn't taste great but it's not meant to. Perfectly drinkable. Started working within 30 minutes. Second dose not as bad as the first - it's basically a shedload of vitamin C- and quick but manageable effect. Drink plenty of water. The very negative experience of most of the people on this forum was definitely not my experience.

Colonoscopy | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/6/2024
Satisfaction

I had to finish my colonoscopy prep with 10 ounces of this brand and nearly gagged and threw up. Very thick and salty compared to SUFLAVE which actually tasted pleasant.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | Patient
6/6/2024
Overall rating 4.0
Satisfaction

Nobody likes this procedure and the preparation is the worst but I have to say the sachets of gloop were not too bad , they claim to have made them fruity and the content is a lot less than Picolax. No cramping or sickness, I read the negative reviews and just want to reassure future user that's its ok. Colonoscopy was today and got the thumbs up for a good prep ??

Plenvu patient. | 75 or over | Male | Patient
5/31/2024
Satisfaction

Terrible taste. Still having bowel movements 2 hours 45 mins after finishing dose 2 - nearly 1am and need to go to bed but daren,t as need to be up for 8am to travel to Hospital for colonoscopy. In the past I have had Picolaxn3 times, Moviprep twice and Plenvu once. My preference is Picolax , Moviprep then Plenvu. Picolaxis perhaps a little brutal but it is all over much quicker and the taste is not as bad.

Tom | 45-54 | Male | Patient
5/29/2024
Overall rating 5.0
Satisfaction

It is not that bad as other reviews make out! 53M. Was bunged up in days prior so did a dose of a laxative a few days earlier. Had dose 1 of plenvu at 8pm night before. Started working in 30 mins. I had set up everything in our bathroom so was camped in there for about 2 hours. The dose was not so great to taste but drinking from a straw and following up with lemonade or water made it ok. Dose 2 was refrigerated from night before and really cold. Sipped it with alternating apple juice, water and flavoured no sugar mineral water. Was easier than dose 1. Effect kicked in about 20 mins after starting. Was pretty constant for next hour or so. Be prepared before hand. Have different drink options in easy reach. Stay super hydrated. You got this!Read More Read Less

Gullible | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/27/2024
Overall rating 1.0
Satisfaction

Within one hour of the first dose I had collapsed on the toilet floor, followed by two further collapsing in the bedroom. Refused to take the second dose, Appointment cancelled, three weeks later still absolutely drained of all physical strength.The individual who proscribed this product to a 88 year old man with a medical history of Bowel problems should be prosecuted. My advice, refuse to take this vile life shortening product.

Genie | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/25/2024
Satisfaction

My 3rd Colonoscopy & the worst prep ever. The first dose was sickly sweet but managed to get it down. The 2nd dose is disgusting & I really struggled with it. I experienced chills, palpitations & a dreadful headache. It seemed effective but anlso had a lot of pain & wind and apparently my bowel was not completely clear for colonoscopy although it went ahead. My blood pressure was high pre procedure when usually low too. There was an aftertaste for a couple of days & like others I will never use this prep again.Read More Read Less

Patient | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/17/2024
Overall rating 4.3
Satisfaction

I used plen vu as had difficulty with other preps before colonoscopy. The first dose was 500ml with an additional 500 ml of clear liquid. I found it unpleasant drinking a litre of liquids in 1 hour. The first dose was taken at 7pm. It took me 2 hours to finish. My bowel started moving after 30 minutes and continued for 3 hours giving me 7 bowel movements. I was then in crampy pain all through night and up with false alarms until 6 am when I woke and had watery diarrhoea. At this point I took the 2nd dose, which was unpleasant at same time as actively having diarrhoea. I only managed 1/2 this time of liquid. By 9am my bowel was empty but I continued to have stomach cramps every 20-40 minutes right up until procedure at 4pm . The cramps then continued for 3 days ( today) I am still waiting for cramps to end. I am struggling to eat and I have very noisy bowel sounds. It was effective but too severe at this dosage. Read More Read Less

Emptyone | 65-74 | Female | Patient
5/8/2024
Satisfaction

Horrible taste. Hours of blowing liquid outta me rear portal. Not able to get any sleep. Worst prep ever

BtC | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/6/2024
Satisfaction

This prep doesn't work. I called my doctor after 4 hours of nothing and they switched me to another route using Miralax and Magnesium Citrate. Also, it is the most vile tasting concoction I've ever had to endure for a colonoscopy prep. Now I understand the huge number of poor reviews.

Plenvu | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/6/2024
Overall rating 1.0
Satisfaction

I was going in for a routine colonoscopy. No stomach or bowel issues. I have had two colonoscopies in the past with no problems, using Happy Colon. Drinking the first dose was horrid, and I felt sick all night. I became violently ill after very slowly drinking the second dose of Plenvu. I was dizzy, sweating, severe stomach cramping, began projectile vomiting, then fainted. Absolutely horrid experience! I was deathly ill! Then I later researched and read tons of reviews with patients that had similar horrific experiences. I wonder why my physician recommended this prep?? When I was taken to my physician's office my blood pressure was sky high, and it is always normal and excellent. I still have a horrific after taste and symptoms of stomach cramping and nausea. I would never take this bowel prep again, nor would I recommend it to any of my friends. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/5/2024
Satisfaction

This is my 3rd colonoscopy and by far my most difficult prep. I don’t know if I can even adequately communicate how vile plenvu has been for me. The taste of the first pouch is pretty standard for bowel prep formulas. Maybe a little worse than some, but at least it’s not a huge amount. But the second pouch!! Literally felt like I would throw up after every swallow. I did all the tricks: very cold, use a straw. Just for reference, I’m the *least* picky eater. There are probably fewer than 10 foods that I’ve found distasteful in my entire life. But this second pouch was REPULSIVE.Read More Read Less

Horror Story | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/4/2024
Satisfaction

I will never use this prep again. Wuhan mango flavour dilutes with a bucket of the Dead Sea - warm viscousy evilness. Second flavour was even worse - so challenging to get down. 4th prep and by far the most evil tasting. Traumatising and miraculously I only vomited once.

Mike | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/3/2024
Satisfaction

Swallowing wasn’t too bad but the acidity of the product left a very sore rear end for a few days afterwards. Never experienced this with similar meds previously. Will avoid in future.

Dean | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/25/2024
Satisfaction

This product is the most barbaric substance on the planet. I have never felt so ill. surely there must be another more humane way to clean the bowel. This is truly horrendous. Never again

JC | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/23/2024
Satisfaction

First dose movement went on forever so brought second dose forward an hour or I wouldn’t have been able to leave in time to go to hospital. Felt sick as soon as I started drinking it, then threw up a bit just before I finished the last bit. Left the rest of it and moved to the water. After about 200ml, projectile vomiting everywhere so took longer to drink the water than half hour. Never again will I touch this poison.

VS1955 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/22/2024
Satisfaction

OMG...How are you expected to drink 500ml of this utterly vile drink? Sitting here now really struggling, dreading Pt2 in morning, no chance of me getting another 500ml down me...feel sick already.

Serena | Female | Patient
4/21/2024
Satisfaction

This was the worst tasting prep I have ever taken! I was so nauseous when I drank the second dose, I started projectile vomiting before I could finish it. Would never use this prep again, and I would strongly recommend not using it.

Worstprepever | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/17/2024
Overall rating 2.7
Satisfaction

This is by far the worst bowel prep I have used and this is the fourth time I have done a colonoscopy. First, the taste is awful. It is like undiluted cordial. Getting it down is a real challenge. Secondly, the prep caused significant cramping and discomfort. My stomach "growled", churned and was swollen and distended for multiple hours. It was extremely uncomfortable, even painful. Furthermore, when I needed to evacuate my bowels, there was no warning whatsoever and it continued for hours and hours after taking the prep. Previous preps I have used have been in and out in a short period. I was actually throwing up repeatedly on the morning of my procedure. Finally, the evacuation of water from my bowel continued until around 16 hours after I had finished taking the prep. That is AFTER my procedure was over. Read More Read Less

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT USER-GENERATED CONTENT ON WEBMD