Show ratings & reviews for

3.2 Overall Rating

Most voted positive review

37 People found this comment helpful

I was extremely nervous to take this medication after reading the reviews. I am a very small person with a very sensitive stomach, so I thought for sure I would be vomiting all week. Not so. The metal taste in my mouth is a little irritating, my appetite is decreased, and I feel a little groggier than usual, but it's really not so bad. Just thought I would write a review to ease some people's mind...

Most voted negative review

7 People found this comment helpful

Oral versus a vaginal gel: the pill is cheaper, the gel expensive. With the pill I experienced daily headaches, a feeling of being distorted, fatigue, dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, a stiff neck, and a metal taste in my mouth. I never had BV until the year 2011 after being sex-free for 3 years after my divorce. I began menopause in 2011 and that's when the BV began. And it keeps coming back at l...

Shared reviews and ratings

seabride | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/24/2023
Overall rating 4.0
Satisfaction

I used this 7 weeks after having a hysterectomy due to a vaginal bacterial infection.I took the 500MG Tablets twice a day for one week.I am a person who has trouble swallowing pills and these are large and very bitter.I crushed these and took with a chocolate meal replacement shake.Worked well it really helped with the bitter taste.The only side effect I had was a little stomach upset.

Kp | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/21/2023
Condition: Infection Around a Tooth
Satisfaction

I had an infected tooth and tooth extraction Put on a 5 day course Day 4 feel like I'm depressed. Day 5 can't work, feel like I'm insane. Constantly crying. Can't do my job. Had a breakdown started kicking and punching things cried some more. I dont feel like myself and its scary.

Nope! | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/19/2023
Overall rating 2.7
Satisfaction

It just made me so sick!! The symptoms were close to that of being severely pregnant. I stopped taking it after 5 days…. And I’m still not ok. I wish I could just press rewind. Horrible drug. Do NOT take this antibiotic!!

Ajb88 | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/6/2023
Condition: Severe Intestinal Infection due to Entamoeba Histolytica
Satisfaction

I take 500mg 3x’s a day. I have to say the only real big side effect for me is the blurry vision. Of course i googled and not much about it except reading people go blind- and to stop taking it if this happens. I called my doctor and she was hesitant and told me to stop that I may be one of those rare people with that side effect, i asked her what is my alternative if I stopped- what else can I take? She said there wasn’t and she would refer me to a gastroenterologist. After i read some reviews on here with blurred vision I decided to stick with it. I have some optical glasses i wear when i need to see far away- using these have been a god send because if not my vision is kinda messed up- (but it’s getting better) - i don’t want to say it’s blurry as in I cannot see anything at all as if I’m looking through a glass of water. It’s more like I have trouble focusing on things, slight double vision, and fuzzy when looking at things far away. I’m ending day 6 now- and in bed. I did have some diarrhea (which i never had) and feel a slight burning tingly sensation under my skin tonight. I’m glad I just have 4 more days. A lot of people on here mentioned crazy dreams- i have been having amazing sleep on this with some lucid cool dreams (nothing scary) but I wake up so rested before my alarm. I’m the biggest hypochondriac and was scared to take this- for me it hasn’t been a smooth ride- but sometimes you just need to so what you gotta do to feel/get better. Listen to your body- take ibuprofen if you get headaches (i had one really bad yesterday) - take Saccharomyces Boulardii Probiotics, and if your vision gets blurry try wearing your optical glasses. Get well soon. Read More Read Less

Jade | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/26/2023
Condition: infection
Satisfaction

I took 5 in one go for bv. I'm still poorly 4 weeks later.

JW | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/21/2023
Condition: Diverticulitis
Satisfaction

This is my second time being on this medication, and I hate it as much now as I did the 1st time. Terrible taste of metal in the mouth. Nauseous all day, food taste horrible, no energy, dizzy. 1st time I took it I ended up with C.Diff afterwards. This time trying to take probiotics in between, so hopefully that will help.

6/26/2023
Satisfaction

I am currently on my last day of the medication. From the start, I have had terrible side effects like I have never experienced with a medication before… started out with back pain and nausea and drowsiness. Then just continuously got worse with severe headaches along with other worsening symptoms. Tonight, day 6, I was up all night throwing up with body aches and night sweats. I definitely wish that I did not continue on this medication after the mild symptoms in the beginning so I very much hope this cured my BV fully. I would not take again.Read More Read Less

Athena | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/21/2023
Satisfaction

This drug is crazily effective. Cleared my BV by day 3. I quit taking it by day 5 though it was supposed to be for 7 days. I could not get out of bed without someone holding me up. Used all my energy to heave and retch. Nausea was terrible. The constant metallic taste in mouth which makes eating a chore. I lost interest in everything around me. It was an experience I never want to have again!

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/9/2023
Overall rating 3.7
Satisfaction

Slight headache, no other symptoms

5/10/2023
Satisfaction

This stuff is horrible.. I have the worst chest pains on this, my stomach is killing me (yes I eat with this), I get so dizzy I feel like I’m going to pass away, and it tastes horrible. I don’t know how this stuff is legal. I don’t have symptoms of BV and they still made me take it. I’m so angry… I can’t drink for 10 days?! Like I hate everyone now.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/2/2023
Overall rating 2.0
Satisfaction

I’ve never had to read reviews of any medication! By far the worst thing that I’ve taken in my life! Nausea, headaches, moody, fatigue, the whole package. I’m on day 4 of 7 and I’ve been debating whether it’s worth continuing. Vaginal discharge actually got worse (or maybe it’s a yeast infection that’s developing?) Libido is so low, I don’t want my husband to touch me (and I’m the one who’s usually touchy). No medicine has made me feel like this ever, it’s scary.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | Patient
4/22/2023
Satisfaction

I’m on day 5 of 7, I don’t feel like myself, I feel flushed but no fever, nauseous, awful taste in my mouth, very fatigued & headaches & very agitated/moody. The fatigue didn’t start til after my first dose on day 4 & continued day 5, I am not taking any more & calling my doctor Monday to use the gel instead. These side effects are horrible & I already have horrible anxiety & these side effects make it so much worse.

Nyi nyi | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month |
4/21/2023
Overall rating 3.7
Satisfaction

Hello everyone! Reading the reviews on this antibiotic scared the crap out of me but I have been dealing with bv for so long I had no choice . I’m on day 3 of 5. Symptoms haven’t been too bad . Very dark urine slight nausea. The pill taste is HORRIBLE. Try coating it with honey it works wonders . So far smell is gone down below. But I can’t wait to get off these because it’s kind of also messing with my appetite. You guys got this ! So far it’s working!

MicahLaneia | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/1/2023
Overall rating 4.3
Satisfaction

I’m on my last two days and I can safely say I was worried for absolutely no reason. Besides very mild cramps, small headaches, and occasional diarrhea, this medicine gave me almost no side effects. I’m 21, 5”3 and 116lbs I was prescribed this for bv. 7 day treatment plan

side eye | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/24/2023
Condition: Inflammation of the Stomach Lining caused by H. Pylori
Overall rating 1.0
Satisfaction

I was prescribed 4 tablets of 250mg 4 times a day = 16 pills in one day! I asked my doctor if that was too much to take and she said no that is recommended since i have H. pylori (infection in the stomach lining) Could cause ulcers and possibly cancer if not treated. Since im allergic to penicillin i have to take other alternatives. I took this and Tetracycline and got an allergic reation to tetracycline so changed to Clarothymicin 500mg. This Medication Metronidazole is horrible, I feel like ive been drugged, severe headaches, severe stomach cramping, dizziness, pain in my eyes, feels like im drunk, feel confused or cant focus. the horrible dry mouth and taste left in my mouth of bitterness or metal, gross and joint pain, feels like my whole body might have arthritis. I dropped the pills down to 3 tablets 2 x a day and still have the same side effects. Not sure if im allergic or its still too much. Im 40 and weigh 180 pounds, 5ft 3 in. So i think im taking enough for my body weight. Still have not finished this med. It feels like its slowly killing me instead of making me feel better. Not sure if that is normal.Read More Read Less

Ruth | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/11/2023
Condition: Infection caused by Trichomoniasis Protozoa
Satisfaction

After taking this medicine for 3 to 4 days I had extreme pain in all my joints, severe headache and metallic taste and nausea. When I contacted my doctor's office I was told these are not side effects of the medication. I was having an arthritic flare. The only symptom I had not on the list was the extreme pain. I am seeking a new doctor.

Pls | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/10/2023
Condition: Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Satisfaction

Can caused debilitating illness and death mixed with heavy metal system from ingesting through foods or holistic medicine, i injested during 72 hour period from a shot of magnesium. Only took 4 pills . Worked great when system had normal magnesium levels took for two weeks and recovered eating normal.

K | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/7/2023
Overall rating 4.7
Satisfaction

Honestly the only notable side effects for me was just an overwhelming sluggishness and somewhat heavy and empty mind! I initially thought the symptoms were going to have me rendered to my bed endlessly, but despite my weak stomach and all the main issues was just the sluggishness! It might be worth mentioning that whilst taking these I was sadly struck with flu too, so I definitely think that amplified some of the side effects to an extent.

1/29/2023
Satisfaction

This medication gave me the worst side effects I’ve ever experienced. Nausea 24/7, dizziness, migraines, loss of appetite, shortness of breath, anxiety, chest pain, spotting, brain fog, overall just felt crappy. Never experienced this many side effects from a medication before.

Anna | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/23/2023
Satisfaction

I was put on the metro. gel first and i was surprised i had a bad experience with it because i never have any bad experiences with medicine. After an hr of taking the gel my right leg felt tingling and numb i didn’t think nothing of it until i started to feel it in my hands and feet my bv did seem to get better though. I finally went to the hospital when i started experiencing heart palpitations and night sweats and i thought it something more serious so i went back to the hospital they put me on the pills and i can’t get over the taste but it’s better because i’m not experiencing tingling or numbness in my feet and hands and i also did have a stiff neck take good my bv is getting better but i will NEVER take this medicine again .Read More Read Less

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT USER-GENERATED CONTENT ON WEBMD