Show ratings & reviews for

3.7 Overall Rating

Most voted positive review

47 People found this comment helpful

I had a lot of stomach pain and heartburn. My stomach hurt most of the time. Started taking famotidine as proscribed by my doctor. Also had IBS symptoms. This medicine has done wonders for my stomach and IBS. Very pleased with the results.

Most voted negative review

5 People found this comment helpful

It works well

Shared reviews and ratings

TSimon | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/28/2023
Overall rating 2.0
Satisfaction

Started taking this poison about a month ago on and off to help with acid reflux. I started having insomnia, headaches and numbness in my extremities. About two weeks in horrible anxiety, panic attacks, upset stomach, ringing in ears. Then about a week ago I took two in one day due to horrible stomach cramping. My life went to complete hell. That night the burning in my face and arms and legs started along with the worst anxiety and panic attacks I have ever had. I have not been able to get a full nights sleep in over a week. Every symptom imaginable. I have been to the ER 3 times. Heart racing, blood pressure extremely high. I truly think that I am going to die. This poison should never be on the market. I am waiting for the symptoms to dissipate. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/7/2023
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus
Overall rating 2.3
Satisfaction

This medication is dangerous. It does help with acid reflux but after 6 days of taking 20 mg 2x a day, it gave me mood swings, high anxiety, difficulty sleeping, feeling like I'm experiencing tremors on the inside, lightheaded, and pounding and racing heart beats. I went to 2 different ERs and all cardiac tests and blood work looked great. I will NEVER take this again. It's been almost 2 weeks and the symptoms are going away but I'm still not sleeping throughout the night and the tremors are sporadic. Please be careful if you are prescribed this med. It should be removed from the market. I will be reporting this to the FDA. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/9/2023
Satisfaction

I take the chewable tabs which contains aspartame which caused headaches within the 30 minutes then constipation that's lasting almost a month !

Barry Lawrence | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/25/2023
Condition: Other
Satisfaction

My ear, nose and throat Dr. recommended that I take this drug for severe phlegm production. He asked me if I had indigestion and I said no. Apparently that can have silent symptoms and one of the symptoms is excess phlegm production. I was skeptical but was desperate and started taking it. Within a week my symptoms were 90 percent better and after a month my symptoms are 100 percent gone!

Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.
Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/11/2023
Satisfaction

I needed the 20 mg and that seems to work best before dinner, and I take a 10 mg in the morning. Hoping to get back on track with diet and eliminating foods that trigger my heartburn/reflux

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/13/2022
Satisfaction

Since I had started taken this medication, I've had extreme stomach pain that I can't even hardly move. This medication made me very sick.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/21/2022
Overall rating 2.3
Satisfaction

This medicine has fixed the heartburn issue but its been replaced with muscle aches, diarrhea, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell. Also feeling tired from the muscle aches as i've not been sleeping well. At first I though I had a virus but have now been able to tie this back to happening everytime I use this medicine.

Pietro | 13-18 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/7/2022
Overall rating 1.3
Satisfaction

Please does anyone have a remedy for esophagitis? I want to go back to living normal I can't stand the burning in my chest and shortness of breath anymore

NGS | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/19/2022
Condition: Treatment to Prevent Heartburn
Overall rating 4.3
Satisfaction

I've always had relatively minor but frequent heartburn. Earlier this year I had three incidents where I belched up stomach contents. 20mg famotidine once a day has been great for that. No heartburn unless I eat something acidic late in the day. And in those cases it's mild. Downside seems to be excess gas and diarrhea that I hope eventually stops.

Jim | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/21/2021
Overall rating 2.0
Satisfaction

It does not work, for acid reflux.

missy | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/5/2021
Satisfaction

iam having twins and this really helped with heartburn for sure

Soreinnards | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/2/2021
Condition: Stomach Ulcer
Satisfaction

Terrible drug if you also have IBS. I experienced cramps and diarrhea that were awful. Made my IBS much worse and didn't help the ulcer issue either.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/1/2021
Overall rating 1.3
Satisfaction

Took this before bedtime as I suffer from GERD. The two times I tried this, I woke up with the worst heartburn that wouldn't go away, even with TUMS or Alka Seltzer. I also suffered sore gums, nightmares, and headache. Definitely not working for me and I'll try something else.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/24/2020
Satisfaction

It is better than nothing.

Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.
GobbleGobble | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/11/2020
Satisfaction

I used to take Zantac. Of course. That was a great drug, actually. Really effective. But unfortunately as you all know it was shown to be cancer causing (possibly). But it worked well. So now I use Famotidine. Everything about this drug is supposed to be better, 20 times stronger etc. But I don't know if it's working too well. With Ranitidine (Zantac), it was immediate, and I felt very relieved, totally relaxed, and felt great with it, even. With Famotidine, I am not sure if it's actually doing anything other than cut off the acid. I don't feel the acid, sure, but I don't have the overall better feeling as I did with Ranitidine. I know that sounds strange, but you know you just get that overall feeling of well being with certain things, and that's what I don't get with Famotidine. Read More Read Less

Vatche | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/28/2020
Satisfaction

First time in my life I needed this medication Works like magic. Within 30 minutes all gas and pressure disappears. usually once a day is enough.

dee dee | 55-64 | Female | Patient
7/6/2018
Satisfaction

I've been taking this medication for 3 days now for my Gurd. I was taking pantopazole and it also works well but my doctor wanted me to ween off of it because of side effects. First thing I noticed is the diarrhea !! I sure hope it goes away soon or I will have to look for another drug !! :(

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/21/2018
Condition: Treatment to Prevent Heartburn
Satisfaction

I have suffered from heartburn for my whole life. Tried everything, tums, rolaids, etc. My son in law told me about famotidine. I have honestly never suffered from heartburn again. Highly recommended.

Steve | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/14/2017
Satisfaction

If my stomach is sour or I am going to eat something that may give me heartburn I take 20 mg and all is good. For quick fix tums or rolaids are fine but when you know your body you know when you need something stronger and that is when famotidine comes into play.

Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.
Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/10/2017
Overall rating 4.3
Satisfaction

Famotidine works for me. It controls my heartburn within 1 hour of taking it. I have no side effects from it that I am aware of. I buy the generic brand at the big discount mart.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT USER-GENERATED CONTENT ON WEBMD