Show ratings & reviews for

Shared reviews and ratings

Hala | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/6/2023
Satisfaction

I’ve been struggling with this insulin. Forced to change it in Ontario. I’m still trying to balance it. I find it takes more than an hour to check in and start to get the rebounds all night. It’s been affecting my vision as well, taking injections for both eyes now. Please be careful. I have to inform my endocrinologist.

Gary | 25-34 | Female | Patient
8/25/2023
Satisfaction

Switched over from humalog as was required by the province of Ontario. It takes up to 3 hours to even begin working, and then doesn't work as well. I was told it should replace humalog 1:1. What a joke. This medication has proven dangerous to me.

Kathleen Wither | 75 or over | Female | Patient
8/23/2023
Satisfaction

I have been insulin dependent for 57 years and my readings have never been so bad since coming off humalog. I have had to throw away 3 pens as I cannot prime them and am not getting the correct dose. I am 80 years old and do not need this. Is it possible to go back on humalog and pay for it? I cannot put up with this any longer as it is causing Great Depression.

S | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/27/2023

Very poor. Do not take.

Jb | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/23/2023
Satisfaction

Started using admelog on the 18th of july, and my sugars started climbing, having put in 2pens plus a 100 units in 6 days to maintain at 11 to 14 ridiculous obviously doesnt work. Went from average of 6 to this thank you for a useless product and thanks provincial coverage that covers this NOT humalog that they use to. Btw on humalog my daily unit use was 40 units.

Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.
Retired Diabeti | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/14/2023
Overall rating 1.7
Satisfaction

My Quebec insurance and Claim Secure insurance don't pay for my Humalog anymore. I am forced to change to Admelog Solo Star, (the yellow pen) where do I begin....it doesn't work.... I'm eating whole healthy nutricious foods, no sugar at all, no dairy, no meat, no Frankenstein foods and no snacking. I'm eating whole plant base, and my sugar is totally out of control. My blood sugar is at 16 instead of 6.. I don't like being the lab rat for all their testing.

BriSch90 | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/12/2023
Satisfaction

I've been diabetic for 20 years. I was forced to switch to admelog after our private insurance and government insurance stopped covering humalog. I wasn't in perfect control with humalog, but I have absolutely no control with admelog. I would be better off not taking a fast acting insulin because I wind up taking 10x as much and if I happen to go low, has only happened a couple times, I can't get my sugars back up. My sugars went from being around 10 to well over 25 all the time. My diabetes Dr has now taken me off this insulin and put me on trurapi, she also said she has had to take a lot of her parents off this medication due to it NOT WORKING. This drug should be taken off the market and the Canadian government needs to take a very serious look at how they approve medications like this. These are medication that are both life saving and life threatening and this is my life these agencies are playing with. I'm not happy. Read More Read Less

Joanna | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/19/2022
Condition: Diabetes
Overall rating 2.0
Satisfaction

I was switched from Humalog to Admelog as my insurance wouldn't cover the Humalog anymore A real nightmare. My sugars were so high that my glucose monitor couldn't register it anymore. I ended up in the hospital. This insulin is total garbadge. My doctor then switched me over to the good old Humulin R and my sugars are back under control!

Worst Insulin | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/14/2022
Satisfaction

Admelog doesn't even deserve 1 star! It is total garbage and should be taken off the market. My A1C has been under a 7 for 20 years then I was given this insulin, my blood sugars have been 300 to over 400! Taken more than double what I use with Humalog and still over 300!!

Sham | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/28/2022
Overall rating 1.7
Satisfaction

This insulin is trash. Does not work for me . My insurance is not covering humalog so I have to switch. Very disappointed

Jane Doe | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/6/2022
Overall rating 2.0
Satisfaction

mY INSURANCE FORCED THE CHANGE FROM hUMALOG TO ADMELOG. I find I have to use up to 1/3 more admelog to achieve results. It takes from an hour to 1/5 hours to kick in and never does lower my sugar properly unless I eliminate most of the carbs from a meal. It also burns 90% of the time when I inject it. I've tried various locations over the last several monthe. I very occasionally, maybe 5% of the time had that problem when using Humalog for 4 years. Very disappointed with this treatment..

Rod | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/6/2022
Satisfaction

I have been a diabetic for 28 years. Over the past 4 years my highest A1C was 6.9. I just started on admelog and it’s horrible. I am taking 5 times my dose to try and bring my levels down and it’s barely working. Going back to the pharmacy today to sort this out.

LL | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/4/2022
Satisfaction

Diabetic for over 40 years. I thought it was me. The lispro insulin was so much cheaper and easier to get enough. I have other medical problems, so that I need more insulin overall. I have been taking the lispro on and off for over 2 years. When I first started, I noticed the difference, but I thought it was just me. I noticed the extra I had to give and the delayed reaction. I asked for the doctor to switch it back to humalog. It was going better, but of course, I got lispro again. In the summer, during the heat, lispro works even worse. It is almost impossible to get under control when it is hot outside. I also have been taking antacid for acid reflux, especially when I lie down to sleep. I wanted the lispro to work, but now I know. My last A1 was the highest. This 4th of July weekend, I am trying to get my blood sugar under control again. I decided to look at some reviews of lispro. Read More Read Less

Shania | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/24/2022
Satisfaction

Basically ineffective. I have over doubled my daily dose and still unable to get below 10 mmol/L. I’ve been on HUMALOG for 18 years without issue… 1 week on ADMELOG and I’ve been nothing but frustrated and feeling like crap.

G | 13-18 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/2/2022
Overall rating 1.3
Satisfaction

The pen is crap and plasticky compared to others I’ve used. And the insulin doesn’t work. I’ve had to double my totally daily fast insulin and can’t get my glucose under 11 mmol/L. My A1c was under 7.0 last month and I was rarely as high as 11. Not looking forward to my next a1c.

Michael | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/21/2022
Satisfaction

After switching from Humalog to Admelog due to BC health coverage, my sugars are deplorable! Yesterday, despite taking approx 2.5 times the amount Id normally take IF I actually ate full meals (which I didn't because my sugars were so high), My sugars remained above 16 mmols (290) and rode around 20 mmols (360) after weight lifting and walking! WHY, why was this drug approved? Who is testing and reviewing the efficacy of this watered down placebo??? I've been a brittle diabetic (diagnosed 30 years ago at age 25) and have never not been able to recover from a high blood sugar, until this switch. I am a 6 year heart transplant and 4 year kidney transplant recipient, and literally can not afford to run sugars so grossly high, especially for this prolonged period of timeRead More Read Less

Lcs | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/21/2022
Satisfaction

The syringe they provide is cheaply made. I’ve been on this a short time and have to take 4 times the amount of insulin I took using Humalog. This insulin is a joke and diabetics should not be forced to use this crap because the govt thinks humalog is too expensive. Neuropathy, blindness and kidney disease are more expensive and that is all this insulin will lead to for type 1 diabetics.

Colstel | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/18/2022
Satisfaction

Admelog does not work. I've been a Type I Diabetic for almost 40 years (since 14) with no complications, so yes, Big Pharma, and Health Insurers, I AM AN EXPERT. I took Admelog for 2 months because my insurance would no longer cover the over-inflated price of Humalog and my sugars were consistently high (above 250). The pharmacists try to tell me that the they are almost the same but I told them No Way.! It is like injecting water. It does nothing. Admelog should be taken OFF the shelves of every pharmacy. It is cheaper than Humalog both in price and effectivity. When you are talking about your you cannot settle for ineffective.Read More Read Less

SarMal | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/22/2022
Condition: Other
Satisfaction

My insurance forced me to use Admelog after years of using Novolog with no problems. Now my a1c has gone from 6% to 8-9% for the last 4 years I've been on it. It takes forever to work, and I usually bolus about 15-20 minutes before eating and every single time I end up in tbe 200-300's. Then it won't bring my blood sugar down for hours and then it tanks. This insulin is incredibly dangerous and should be taken off the market but Sanofi-Aventis probably pays a lot of money to the FDA to keep it on the market. Unfortunately, my insurance won't let me switch back to Novolog "no matter what" even after my endocrinologist told them this insulin doesn't work. I was given a sample of both fiasp and Novolog, and my numbers were well within range. When I had to start using admelog again, my numbers are abysmal. Read More Read Less

BanAdmelog | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/22/2021
Satisfaction

Terrible I feel horrible on this even if my sugars are at normal levels. I dont know if there is something toxic in this or perhaps Im allergic. This should be pulled off the market, I feel normal on Novolog but like death on this GARBAGE

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT USER-GENERATED CONTENT ON WEBMD